Page 2 of 2
• Fr. Edward F. Beutner was ordained in 1965 and spent the next quarter century moving from assignments in Wisconsin to California, including a one-year special assignment at Mont La Salle in Napa. No further information is provided from Anderson & Associates on his alleged misdeeds. He died in 2008.
• Fr. Don D. Flickinger was charged by the San Jose Diocese with having engaged in sexual activity with minors in the years 2002, 2005 and 2006. The cases were all settled, and a 2011 lawsuit against Flickinger alleged that he had a history of sexual misconduct spanning 40 years. He spent two years, 1981 to 1983, at Napa's Mont La Salle Novitiate.
• Fr. Francis J. Ford was ordained in 1951 and died in 1985. He served as Chaplain at Napa State Hospital from 1974 to 1976. No further information on Ford was provided in the Anderson law firm report.
• Br. John Moriarty worked at the St. Helena Christian Brothers' Retreat House, in Napa County, from 1974 to 1978 and is alleged to have committed sexual abuse against children in 1975–76. He is believed to have passed in 2013, but his whereabouts since 1993 are unknown, says the law firm.
• Fr. Francis Verngren was the subject of a 2003 civil lawsuit file by a man who says the priest sexually abused him from 1966 to 1979, when Verngren was principal at St. Mary's College High School in Berkeley. He was also affiliated with the St. Mary's College High School in Napa between 1964 and 1984, and died in 2003.
• Br./Fr. Donald W. Eagleson's abuse charges stem from a 1971 incident while he was a Brother of the Holy Cross and allegedly sexually abused a youth. He was assigned to St. Vincent de Paul in Petaluma between 1986 and 1987. In 2002, he was assigned to Sacred Heart Church in Eureka, where another abuse allegation arose regarding his 1971 activities. He was at Nazareth House in San Rafael in 2004 when, the law firm reports, he died.
• Fr. J. Patrick Foley was identified last month, by the San Diego diocese he served in for decades, as a likely candidate to have committed sexual abuse against minors. After a 1991 leave of absence from the San Diego diocese, he arrived at Christian Brothers High School in Sacramento for a few years before landing in the Santa Rosa diocese, according to the law firm. He was suspended in 2010 and his whereabouts since 2015 have been unknown, reports the law firm.
• Br. Joseph (Jesse) Gutierrez-Cervantes was hired as a contract psychologist at Hanna Boys Center in Sonoma in 1984 and was fired two years later "after sexual misconduct allegations surfaced" that Gutierrez had sexually abused boys during therapy sessions. According to the Anderson report, his current whereabouts, clerical status and whether he has access to children are unknown.
• Fr. Austin Peter Keegan "has been accused of sexually abusing at least 80 children and has been named in at least one civil lawsuit. Keegan's abuses are alleged to have started in the 1960s when he worked for the Archdiocese of San Francisco and the Diocese of Santa Rosa, where he served from 1977 to 1979. He was at St. Eugene's Cathedral in Santa Rosa from 1980 to 1981, but the law firm reports his whereabouts have been unknown since then.